About the Gifted Homeschoolers Forum
While schools serve a critical role in our society, not every school is a good match for every child. Homeschooling can be an ideal academic alternative for gifted children, because it provides an education tailored to individual intellectual, social and emotional needs.
As the number of gifted homeschoolers has grown, so has the need for identifying resources and relevant information, as well as connecting families who share similar situations. Most homeschool organizations do not address giftedness, and school-based gifted programs are generally not geared for aiding the homeschooler. The Gifted Homeschoolers Forum (GHF) supports gifted homeschoolers in the United States and around the world through education, advocacy, community and support.
The goals of GHF are:
- to link interested families with information and resources regarding educating a gifted child outside the traditional school system
- to provide gifted homeschoolers with the opportunity to network and exchange ideas and resources
- to increase awareness of homeschooling as a viable educational alternative for gifted children
- to advocate for gifted homeschoolers as needed
- to network with other education-related entities in support of these goals